For Carly's actual birthday we celebrated with the family and a few friends. We had pizza at the house and I let Carly eat a cake all for herself. It is fascinating how fascinated one can be by watching a baby eat cake for the first time. I mean, seriously, we spent about 20 minutes just watching her eat her cake. She was kicking her legs like her body was tingling, and her face lit up with excitement. It was awesome!
I wonder if she has any idea how much I love her, and how much of my day is spent thinking about her. About how to make her happy and how happy she makes me.
Later that week, we had her proper 1st birthday party and baptism at the same time. Here are her god parents and us at the baptism. I was so caught up with the decorations and food for the party that I never even thought about hiring a photographer. :( Live and learn, right?
I was so nervous about this party because Carly's god mother, Julia, aka Jules, Julia's daughter, Nichole, and myself were doing all of the decorations and baking. (Look out for future blog post on party decorations and baking.) In the end I was pretty satisfied with the outcome. For food we ordered Rudy's BBQ and we had plenty of sweets.
Here are the proud parents singing happy birthday!
And here she is hanging out with my coworkers.
Carly's birthday selfie!






No comments:
Post a Comment