To prepare for that night I made sure Carly was SUPER tired. I took her to such a long walk that she was pretty much begging me to put her in the stroller on our way back. Poor baby!
So that night at 8pm my husband and I took Carly to her room. We both kissed her good night, told her that we loved her, put her in her crib, and walked out of her room closing the door behind us. At this point I am freaking out feeling all kinds of guilty, and telling myself that maybe she's not ready to be sleep trained. In reality I wasn't ready. I promise she cried for 15 minutes before she fell asleep! She slept through the night and I didn't sleep a wink because I was so worried about her. She was fine. She didn't need me anymore. Tear!
Now every afternoon no matter how tired I am from work I make sure to take Carly out for a walk. Once we are back she has dinner, then her bath, and finally goes to sleep.
Both my husband and I take her to her crib, and I think she loves seeing us together. What child doesn't like seeing mommy and daddy together? I also started reading her a book before we walk out of the room, and that has just made our night time routine more special. It is now October 15th and I can say that my baby is sleep trained. In fact I am writing this blog as she sleeps in her room, and I am in my bed! I have my bed back! Definitely the most rewarding thing about being a mom so far. Next potty training hahahaha It should be another fun blog.


No comments:
Post a Comment