Tomorrow I go back to work after being out for 8 weeks. Not exactly a vacation, but definitely the best summer yet. This summer I got to do so many amazing things, but most importantly I got to hang out with my kids. I did almost everything in my summer bucket list, which left me with many amazing memories.
I had my baby boy Carlos Enrique. I was able to breast feed him for about a month. Not ideal, but hey I can say I tried. It wasn't for me, and my family life style. I took my daughter to the pool numerous times. I taught her a bunch of new words. Her vocabulary has expanded so much this summer. I can actually communicate with her, well as much as you can communicate with a 2 year old. We played outside almost everyday. We went for walks, to the park, and to a splash pad. I enjoyed my morning coffee outside in our front porch almost every morning. I even went out one night! Like to a bar on 6th street. hahaha I hadn't done that since god knows when. Yes I was exhausted by the end of everyday, but that was a sign for me to see that I had a good day. For the first time in a long time I enjoyed life, and all the simple things that we forget to enjoy sometimes.
It's going to be a long time before I have another summer off from work in which I can enjoy my kids the way I did this summer. I knew this from the beginning so I really tried to enjoy every second of it.
Tomorrow will be a hard day for me. I know I am leaving my kids in good hands, but I am going to miss them. My heart is broken because this time I am leaving 2 kids behind. Don't get me wrong I love my job, and work life is important to me. I know in a few weeks we will get into the swing of things, and our afternoon and weekends will be just as fun as this summer. I hope everyone has an amazing week. Until next time!













No comments:
Post a Comment